Carbon fibre: Titanium (as pictured) – recommended for sun/heat-reflective properties.
Other colours available; please inquire.
- Construction: industrial Autoclave pre-preg Carbon Fibre (10x stronger than its own weight in steel).
- Colour: Titanium (light grey/silver) for superb reflective protection from direct sunlight. Other colours available, but Titanium is recommended.
- Catches: 3 x stainless steel (with keys/lockable) twist-locks for ultimate security; they cannot open by accident due to the twist action required to open them and are sunk flush into the carbon fibre construction.
- Handles: the removable/replaceable, padded leather handle, is positioned in the traditional location, but at a slight angle to ensure that it conforms to the natural resting angle of the hand and wrist. This prevents strain on the arm associated with “steering” the directional hang of the case.
- Waterproofing: the two halves of the case clip together like a biscuit tin, and the locks clamp the two halves tightly against a 15mm wide neoprene seal for a complete water/air-tight seal to provide the ultimate protection against torrential rain and sudden extreme temperature changes.
- Comfort/Shoulder straps: the Wiseman Cases secure the shoulder straps from two separate D-ring plates above/behind the shoulders, which makes for extremely comfortable porterage. It prevents the straps from pulling on the back of the neck which is so uncomfortable; this happens whenever the shoulder straps are secured from one D-ring, which is what almost every manufacturer does. With the Wiseman Cases, there is no need for corrective products such as the Fiedler system which add cost and weight.
- Feet: the case features feet that are made from gym-matt material. This shock-absorbing foam-rubber provides shock-absorption should the case be put down heavily or dropped on its bottom. These are velcro-mounted for effortless replacement.
- Stabiliser: this case features a rubber-backed carbon fibre “shin pad” that provides an extra shock-absorbing guard over the raised string/fingerboard platform, but that can hinge down to provide an extra stabilising “leg” when the case is left standing on its narrow bottom.
- Wheels: removable shock-absorbing long-board wheels, mounted on two short stainless-steel chassis across the wide axis at the bottom of the case for ultimate stability. These can be removed and reinstated in seconds by use of a pair of pull-pins inside the case. The wheels add 1lb to the weight of the case when in place.
- Music pocket: large removable A3 music/iPad accessory pocket attached to the back of the case with heavy duty poppers.EXTERNAL:
- adjustable suspension system to fit almost any cello.
- Fantastic clearance around the pegs, hips and shoulders.
- Neck-tie: no neck tie; this case is specifically designed to prevent any touch or pressure to the neck, strings or bows. Instead, there is a foam rubber “bridge” that locks the instrument in place so that it may not fall forwards when the case is open.
- Padding: features various densities of material that combine to provide the ultimate shock-absorption.
- Bow holders: two bow-holding positions which suspend the bow from the frog, with no hairs touching anything and without placing any pressure on the bow tip.
- Storage bag under the scroll for strings
- Storage bag above the scroll in the lid for rosin and accessories (pencil eraser etc.)
- Pencil storage socket to the side of the neck.
- Additional storage around the neck and music stand storage across the bottom of the case (case in standing-up position).
- Cost: £3,250.
- This case design may also be ordered in the lightweight wet-lay carbon fibre construction, with the same catches, colours and details found on the Wiseman Lightweight Cello case. The expected price would be £2000. There would be foam rubber stabilisers instead of the hinged stabilising leg.
Carbon shell – 7.7lbs/3.6kg
Stainless steel fittings – 1lb
Internal blocking and cushioning – 1lb.
Total weight 9.7 lbs.
Width at hips: 52cm
Width of Head : 25 cm
Deepest point : 31cm