Howard Wiseman and his team of highly skilled craftsmen have been making hand-made luxury music cases from his workshops in London for over 35 years.
By the time Howard was 17, he’d built cases for Principal bassoonists in the Vienna Philharmonic, Berlin Philharmonic, Paris Opera and a large number of major European orchestras, principally due to the compact design, stylish appearance and superb protection his cases offered.
Some of Howard’s previous commissions include the case used to protect the world’s most expensive musical instrument, the Ex-Vieuxtemps Guarneri violin.
Throughout his career, the cases and the materials have evolved, including the use of state-of-the-art materials such as carbon fibre. It is Howard’s experience in this sector and his unique ability to make the most efficient use of space, which has enabled the business to flourish and expand into new markets.
Why choose a Wiseman?
What makes Wiseman cases so special is the level of care that goes into each and every one. They are meticulously checked at each stage of the manufacturing process which is why every case comes with a Lifetime Guarantee and a free overhaul service.
Apart from the Guarantee, here are some of the other reasons that our valued clients have invested in a Wiseman case;
- A truly hard, crush-resistant shell that is flight-case strength
- Marine Grade stainless steel locks make it impossible for the case to open by accident
- Extremely light and incredibly strong
- Superb protection from humidity, rain and temperature changes
- Unique shock-absorbing suspension of the instrument means that in the event of an accident, the case provides balanced cushioning and support to the instrument for the ultimate protection
- Unique compact tubular/oval design wherever possible maximises structural protection and makes them more comfortable to carry
Our professional range of cases is available from a carefully selected distributor network around the world, chosen because of their knowledge and expertise.
It’s their support with bulk purchasing that helps us to reduce environmental issues such as transport pollution and co2 emissions, contributing to a sustainable, greener journey for the music industry.